"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Weight a Minute 3: the Big Three-Oh

i've done it.
rather: i'm done.
as of yesterday i have reached my Weight Watchers' goal: thirty pounds in 28 weeks.

i finally allowed myself to be recognized at a meeting. up till now i've not admitted to "the group" how much i'd lost, week to week. i felt it was too personal. Stephen finally told me that (like a wake) it wasn't just for me that i should let the group know; hearing success stories was good for everyone. so, yesterday when the leader (a wonderfully genuine and earthy woman named Louise) stopped, mid-thought, looked at me and said: "you look really thin", i told her that i had made goal.

she lit up and asked everyone to applaud; naturally i was terribly embarrassed. personally, i think it's psychotic to clap for someone for not being chubby, but i figured it was her party and she could applaud if she wanted to. when she asked me what was the hardest part, i told her honestly that i (still) had a hard time getting all my points in, in a given day. naturally she and everyone else was surprised and (when one guy actually snickered) i felt kinda stupid, but i wanted them to know that not everyone has the same "weight challenge"; some of us are fat 'cuz we under-eat. she also asked what was the biggest help (it was an obvious bait for me to say YOU LOUISE! but since the meetings really didn't help at all) and so i told her that it was Stephen. honestly, if it wasn't for him cooking every night when i'm on my way home and being able to calculate everything, i'd be screwed. anyway, she nodded appreciatively (very Sally Jesse), clapped s'more and continued on; eventually i stopped blushing.

so what's next? i have to maintain it for six more weeks and then i become a "lifetime member". i'll just be happy to stay on track for the wedding and not gain too much while in San Francisco. right now, i feel fantastic and think that this is the best i've looked in years. i'm actually happy about how i look and recognize a considerable spring in my step when i walk around in my size 34 pants; i have no intention of ever needing 38's ever again.

"I'm a pretty girl, mama"~ Louise (Gypsy)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That's WONDERFUL!!!! (I hatechu)

ryan charisma said...

awsome! I'm so happy for you.

You go girl!

Breenlantern said...

Enjoy the pride ride...you've earned it...I'm toasting you with a low point snack as i write this. Hugs skinnyboy! You done good!

N'il said...

YAY!!! Fantastic!

CinJen said...

Congratulations! You are totes inspiring.

Perhaps you can send me your size 38's? :-)

mi said...

congrats!!!!!!!!! :)

it's always nice to achieve a goal, no matter what it is.

Nichaashi said...

That is so SUPER!! :)

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .