"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Friday, August 17, 2007

1 Month 19 Days: It's My Reception and I'll Be Neurotic If I Want To

nobody's coming to the wedding.
okay maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but that's how i feel.
even the people who i know for certain are coming (ie. my parents, Jenn, and John) have not replied. we sent 40 invitations out 2 weeks ago and have only received 7 RSVP's back; the fact that they were all affirmative responses is completely irrelevant. the point is, why have we only gotten back seven responses?

don't our friends/relatives know that i scamper to the mailbox every day on the way home from the bus or the crushing sense of disappointment i feel, when all that's there is the ValPack and some bills? i guess not. i guess they're also not aware that when the mailbox comes across empty i completely regress to some strange childhood memory where nobody came to my 10th birthday party after my mother (who looks an awful lot like Jodie Foster) and i carefully made up invitations and decorated our ramshackle apartment...ok fine that's not really my memory, but i have seen Little Man Tate enough to identify with how awful it must've felt. Yup, i'm still that insecure.

i even confided in stephen the other night (actually i just started yelling Seven People! Only Seven People?!? That's IT?!?) and in true stephen fashion, he calmly explained that it's normal to receive all the RSVPs the week they're due.

i don't know if i can handle that.

7 comments:

Confessions.of.a.NYC.Lezie said...

Stephen is right...people always till the last minute.

I know it's a bummer.

CawfeeGuy said...

breaking your heel is a bummer.
rain on your wedding day is a bummer.
this is making me wish i took up a bad habit like smoking or sniffing glue.

CinJen said...

I am a maniac when it comes to checking on my evite invitations. I can't imagine the HELL you must be experiencing with snail mail. My condolences. :-)

Anonymous said...

Fine. Well that solves it. I'm not bringing a date. I'll mail you my reply this weekend.

Breenlantern said...

we rcvd less than 50 rsvps...110 people showed up...i think people don't get that yes you really do want/expect them to rsvp. If you send me your address, I'll mail you yes rsvps every day from now until your wedding so you're not disappointed again...that can be my wedding gift to you.

Steve said...

I'm sure Stephen's right; although I have no experience with invitations. But I'd be exactly like you!

MakeupGuyNY said...

I'm coming !!! and so is patrick!!! I can run my RSVP around the corner if ya like?

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .