CawfeeGuy's New Puppy Resolutions
- I will remember to only purchase clothes for dogs which are are functional. little sweaters keep him warm and little raincoats keep him dry. little cowboy or construction worker or leather daddy outfits are decorative only; he's a dog and not a member of the Village people.
- I will not let whether or not he poops, pees, eats or drinks affect my mood. when he wants to do any of the afformentioned, he will.
- I will not be taken in by the Big Doe-eyed Puppy schtick, and discipline (read: scold) him when it's warranted.
- I will not resent him for forcing me out of bed on cold, wet mornings, at 5am to take him out.
- I will remember that not all people are "dog people" and that no matter how cute and wonderful I think he is, some (incredibly insane and untrustworthy) people may not like him and i should not take it personally; i should respect their feelings and not force my puppy on them.
- i will actively avoid those people from #5
- I will listen to (but not necessarily take) unsolicited advice from other dog owners because just like when dealing with boyfriends, what works for them won't necessarily work for me.
- I will not feel guilty that neither my husband nor i cannot be stay at home puppy dads.
to be continued...