"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This Totally Falls Under the Category of TMI Pt. 2 (You Should Still, Probably, Read at Your Own Risk)

i went to the urologist last night for a, post-urinalysis, follow-up and was given a clean bill of health by the Doctor (whom we're going to refer to as Dr. Magic). Okay...settle down and stop applauding...there's a (very brief) story here.

i've never been to a urolgist before nor have i ever had any of the usual medical exams that come with being a guy. since becoming an adult, i've a pretty healthy person (with the exception of the brain tumor, the flat feet and that brush with crabs in the late '90's) and the only time i'd ever actually go to the doctor would be for something like my annual case of tonsilitis or somehting like that; yearly physicals have always been, thankfully, brief and without hernia exams. i dunno why...it just never came up. anyway, the point is, i'm not used to a clinical examination of my "nether regions"...which is fine, because since my pediatrician all my GP's have been typical, straight guy, Doctor-types; neither a McDreamy, McSteamy nor even a Doc Hollywood.

then there was Dr. Magic.

Forty-something, slightly greying hair, tan (no fake bakin' for him!), kind hazel eyes, extremely handsome face and a nice body (from what i could tell under the labcoat), with just the hint of brown chest hair poking out from his stylish pink golf shirt. his hands were large and strong looking with the most gorgeous coral and turquoise ring on his finger (not a "traditional" wedding band, this; hmmmmmm). his manner was warm, yet professional and he listened attentively to my "problem" and its history; which was dismissed as being something much more common and unharmful than i'd have thought, with care and tact. he realized that my concerns were my concerns and that to me this was a big deal. everything seemed rosy till he told me he'd like to examine the mysterious prostate.

lemme tellya, there's something slightly disconcerting about a gorgeous man sticking his fingers up your ass while you're bent over a table. now i know what you're thinking, "This isn't exactly uncharted territory, here, CawfeeGuy. What's the big"? well kids, suffice to say, it's been a while; six years actually. but this wasn't a visit for pleasure, it was business, so the snap of the latex glove and flatulent sound of lube quickly dismissed the fleeting feeling of embarassment and massaged my sense of well being. by the time it was over, 30 seconds later, the magic was gone and he was just another guy with a degree poking around under the hood.

the entire office visit lasted less than fifteen minutes and, hopefully, i'll never see Dr. Magic ever again. the feeling of well-being over having a healthy prostate may last forever, but would be occasionally eclipsed by bumping into the man who delivered the good news at Stop N Shop.

okay...so it wasn't that brief, sue me...

9 comments:

A Lewis said...

I think if I were a doctor who had to wear a labcoat, I'd go naked underneath. With a coral and turquoise cock ring.

ryan charisma said...

brush with crabs?

hmmmmmmm.

well glad your 'man tenders' are healthy.

Thomas said...

...fingers...

Plural?


inicali - A prostate exam in the state of California

Breenlantern said...

Anything I say will be so over the top and inapropriate that you will have to ban me from your blog on principle...

CawfeeGuy said...

i have very few principles and banning people from my blog is DEFFINITELY not one of them.

travelling, but not in love said...

Oh my. The last time a doctor did that to me (ok, the only time a doctor did that to me) I dreamed about him for 3 weeks afterwards. He always wore a shiny suit in my dreams. And he knew my friend Stuart. In my dreams. All too disconcerting.

The Hangar Queen said...

If I can be serious for a second..........aw fuck it. Who am I trying to kid?

Well done you for taking charge of YOUR health care.

I'm not entirely thrilled about having the DRE conversation with a doc when the time comes.

CawfeeGuy said...

HQ! OMG it's been FOREVER!!! **air kisses**

DRE?

The Hangar Queen said...

Mwaaaa

Digital Rectal Exam darling. Sounds slightly more technical than Arse Poke.

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .