"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

the Latest Project(s)

whereas i'd rather spend our evenings, this week, writing out the christmas cards i bought this past weekend (keep an eye on your mailbox, kids)...stephen has worn me down, finally, and last night we began cataloging my comic book collection with the hopes of selling them to a comic shop this coming weekend.

rifling through the huge crates i've amassed since high school (4 huge crates with about 500 books, total), was definitely nostalgic . i can't tell you the number of hours i spent, in my room, reading comics, bagging them and painstakingly checking them in the price-guides. having to get rid of them definitely hurts, but it's all part of the same practical actions of married life. they're taking up valuable space in our 3rd floor loft and (to be quite honest) i've not looked them since we moved in together 3 years ago (and probably a few years before that).

if you're interested, let me know and i'll send you the list.

in other news, i'm heading back to Weight Watchers this week.
yeah, i've been off the wagon since the wedding and it's time i climb back on (before the new clothes i bought no longer fit). i was using "the holidays" as an excuse, but i realize that's all they are: an excuse. there's no reason i can't go back to monitoring my intake, the way i was. while it won't be fun turning down the cookies and candy that are proffered throughout the season, i will survive.

i'll be honest, i never "suffered" on WW like some people seem to. i'm clearly not meant to live at 175 lbs without...help...i know i have the self-control and determination, so the 10 lbs should fall off in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Breenlantern said...

I sold my collection of 5000+ last year for the same reason: taking up too much room and tired of carting them around. Unfortunately, I still love reading them, get new ones each week and have already built up to 4 plus boxes (about 800 books) again. I still miss and sometimes regret getting rid of them, but I knew it was time to let go...I try to just enjoy the stories now and then pass them on...I'm tempted to ask for a list of what you have, but I know i shouldn't - be prepared: comic book stores are not out to buy books for what they're worth so don't expect to get even close to top dollar unless you try selling on ebay (which charges you) or craigslist :-( WW is ebb and flow for me, although I generally follow it always. I'm pretty good at staying between 170 and 180.(I prefer to hover at 175 aned 180 is the "red alarm" weight for me.) I got down to 160 recently, but only from being very ill and not eating :-( Good luck and remember the weight loss is more rewarding than the cheesecake :-)

CawfeeGuy said...

thanks for the comic book advice; i'm not really looking for top dollar...i think of it as all profit.

as for WW: nothing is more rewarding than cheesecake.

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .