"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

the Big Three-One

yup. it's my birthday again.
same time every year.
ho hum.

(and no, this isn't a shameful plug for good wishes)

i'm at work and i'd rather not be.
Merlin is out on vacation this week so i'm stuck doing his desk and my own. so i've got twice the work.

well i've wasted enough time...

(a little later)
i'm feeling a little, well, vulnerable right now.
see, i watched Rent on dvd last night and it always makes me cry and get all upset...
then i come in this morning and one of the girls gets a phone call which sends her into all kinds of hysterics; her sister tried to commit suicide. she left and probably won't be back this week.
yeah...definitely feeling a tad depressed.

(later still)
as if my day couldn't get worse; it happened again. **sigh**

(even later)
the day's looking up...my mom called with Squirt and Frangelica , John called, MS and Nil texted me from their vacation, Chris texted me, and a friend i haven't spoken to in years e-mailed me, all to wish me a happy birthday; coupled with the comments from earlier today, i'm feeling much better. plus, Stephen called to tell me he made reservations for us at Arirang (the hibachi steakhouse) and who could posibly be unhappy when sitting at a table that's really a grill with a chinese guy balancing knives and hurling onions through the air?

4 comments:

Breenlantern said...

Happy Birthday (because, really, what kind of Cad would read your blog today and NOT wish you a Happy Birthday?) But really, hope your day goes as well as can be expected since you're at work. Sending you virtual spanks! :-)

ryan charisma said...

1) Happy Birthday to you!

2) I'd be depressed too if I had to watch RENT (either on stage or film) too. It sucks so bad I believe it makes sounds. You really, really shouldn't watch horrible musicals. What did you learn in RENT? That A)Drag queens who kill dogs die of AIDS. B) Responsible people who take care of themselves, thier responsibilities and their finances are bad. C) Whores with AIDS don't die because they're straight and deserve a second chance at love; unlike the dog killing drag queen.

Really, I suggest on your birthday do yourself a favor - throw away that horrible, horrible DVD.

Confessions.of.a.NYC.Lezie said...

Happy Birthday sweets. Hope your day ends with a fabulous bang - like a naked guy in a construction hat popping out of a cake.

xoxo

DJ John Michael said...

I'm giving you the best present I possibly can. THEE gift that keeps on giving! Are you ready for this? And yes, this had better get it's own post!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=14379714

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .