"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Heart Bleeds

my company is having another blood drive this week, i've received about 5 e-mails encouraging me to donate; whining about how much the city and "the children" need it (you know how i feel about "the children"). in all honesty, i'd be more than willing to open a vein, but i know that they don't want my blood. they don't want any cocksucker's blood.

apparently, 'cuz i take it up the ass i'm automatically disqualified from donating. never mind that i've only taken it up the ass from one man in 30 years, or that i was tested almost every 6 months during my wayward 20's. my last one was a year after being with Stephen; i knew he wasn't fucking around and i sure as hell wasn't.


nope, they don't want my blood.

unless, i lie and tell them i'm not a fag.
i won't be lying about my HIV status, just how i maintain it.

stop worrying. i'd never do that. i'm not going to give them something they don't want.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Working for the city has caused me to question keeping my status to myself on more than one occasion. My parents were union and it's just something you did. I've got lots of issues around this issue, but in the end you're right. For all the things we've put up with to be treated as equals and still be seen as less than, they can shove it on this one.

Confessions.of.a.NYC.Lezie said...

Don't waste your time or your blood for those who are against us. Honestly, I wouldn't want to lose my dignity and say something that I am not just to please other people. We've been through way too much.

Stand tall and be a fag honey!!!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing: You have to lie(do a bad thing) to help others (you know, do a good thing).

It's like the act of donating blood as a homosexual cancels itself out!

The Hangar Queen said...

Inova health services (in the DC area)welcome gay donors.(At least they did as recently as October)The Red Cross do not.
Ironically neither will accept mine because I travel to Europe extensively and not because I'm trans.

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .