"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Balls (Part 2)

(consider this to be an ongoing blog entry about my niece's Softball series)

Last night we went to the 2nd game of the Staten Island Little League Softball All-Star series. this game was the complete and total opposite of the 1st: it was long, it was drawn out, and it was an absolute massacre. we won ('cause, y'know, i'm a 9 year old girl too) by 21 runs. my niece is a wonderful player and even managed to get 2 base hits during one inning. it was fabulous how they went through the batting rotation at least once an inning! by the bottom of the 1st we were up 10 to 1. by the bottom of the 2nd they stopped changing the score board so as "not to mortify the other team".

at the end of the fourth inning (2 hours after the 8pm start time) the score was 22 to 1. it would've been a complete shut out (oooh saying that makes me feel SO butch!) but the other team was HANDED 1 run by a blatant bending of the rules which allowed a rather porcine 8 year old to steal home while another batter was walking to 1st. don't think that i didn't freak out over the egregious foul play, because freak out i did. actually, i spent quite an alarming portion of the game shouting like a baboon over terrible calls made by the obviously partial umpires. it was not pretty, boys and girls, and i admit that i am quite ashamed by my poor (read: hetero-esque) behavior.

the girls advanced to the next round and have another game on sunday at 5. i think i'm going to paint my face blue and white, to match the team's colors, to mark the occasion.

“When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it.”~ Madonna

1 comment:

N'il said...

CawfeeBoy! I am so proud of you! Getting all of the terms right and everything. I would have thought the trauma of baseball as a youngster would have mentally blocked all of that. :-)

Your niece's team kicks ass. I'm kinda surprised they didn't have a mercy rule in effect, though.

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .