"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Monday, November 10, 2008

My Roaring 20's

so the other day, i was standing on 34th street waiting for a bus, when i got to thinking how absolutely, totally and completely insane/lucky i was during my wayward youth. i don't know what precipitated the walk down memory lane but there i was standing on line and thinking way back to my early twenties and the incredibly dangerous positions i put myself in, in the name of getting laid. i look back and ask myself what the fuck were you thinking?


  • "the Lot", Under the Boardwalk and tearooms: the thrill was in the anonymity and semi-public debauchery, buyt in hindsight, the danger of being beaten up, held up or arrested far outweighs the excitement. you never know who the guy next to you is, Charles Manson or Officer McNightstick.

  • late night cyber hook-ups: sure...i'll go to your house at 3 am after only seeing a sorta blurry picture that could be anybody else's, for the promise of 11" and balls like billiards...i'll just leave a note for my roommates so they know wear to search for the body when i don't turn up for breakfast the next day...

yeah looking back, i have to say, i'm lucky i made it out of my 20's completely alive; despite the amount of time and energy i used getting some ass, i've never been bashed, i've never gotten a disease, i've never been arrested, i've never been caught by a jealous wife or husband. i think back to the guys i hooked up with, in the oddest and strangest places and wonder how i didn't wind up fish food or as fertilizer for somebody's tomato plants. i acted without fear or common sense.

my friends knew about my sluttery and more than a couple expressed their concern and while i always enjoyed myself...alot...and wouldn't give up any of the memories i've got, i'm so fucking glad that those days are behind me. i guess with age comes fear which is a side effect of reasonable thinking.

i hope the guys out there cruising and slutting around are more careful than i was and enjoy themselves as much as i did.

"He'd devoted his life to a chimera: to sexual pleasure, the most fleeting of all diversions. He'd cavorted, he'd frolicked, he'd made a profession of promiscuity. He'd given himself over to the never ending chase, not caring that whenever he caught what he was after, he held it but a moment before it slipped from his grasp. And here he was, after a decade of his single-minded pursuit, left with nothing but lurid memories". ~ When You Were Me (Robert Rodi)

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I'm still somewhat cruisie in my 40's, but I'm ever so much more selective than I used to be.

my word verification is "chest"
Perfect.

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .