"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Every Year...

it's July.
that means my birthday's coming again (on july 31st).
the BIG Three-One.

i do feel a little older than last year, a little wiser, a little slimmer. Thirty-one isn't nearly the big deal that thirty was. i don't mind it as much.

now, i've already had a couple of people ask me what i want for my birthday and rather than say, "aw nothing! just to spend time with you is enough for me", and since we didn't register for the wedding, i'm putting it all down on a convenient list. i hope you appreciate my greed coupled with diligence.

i'm old goddammit, just make me happy before i die:


Absolutely Fabulous Season 1 and/or 2 on DVD: i gotta have my Patsy and Edina. it's been too long, and i can't deal with the old VHS copies i got from Jenn when i turned the big Two-One (i like the symmetry of this, don't you?).

t-shirts: think back a couple of weeks and you'll know which ones. i don't mind dupes; a boy can't have too many Aquaman or Green Lantern shirts. there's also the Militant Homosexual look, too (check out Cafe Press) or just good ole fashioned queer (again...Cafe Press).



books: is it a coincidence that my birthday and Harry Potter's birthday are the same day? no. it's a sign that somebody who loves me should buy me the new book which comes out every year or so on or around my birthday. there are a ton of other books out there that i'm looking for, the new Tales of the City (sorry BL, i can't bring myself to buy it, and deprive someone an easy gift ), and Robert Rodi has a new novel out When You Were Me. honestly if you go to Alibris. i've made it quite easy for you.


gift cards: always the right color and size; Best Buy, Starbucks, Target or Amex fit the best, though.

is it greedy? maybe.

is it tacky? possibly.

but, this list is coming on July 5th, after having about 3 hours of sleep (between the fireworks and the huge thunderstorm afterward) i'm feeling a little testy and vulnerable.

i'm sure i'll remove it when i'm in a better frame of mind...

3 comments:

searleyeditor said...

I had more issues turning 29, knowing it was my last year starting with a 2! I went to San Francisco for my 30th it was wicked! Trust me 31's a doddle! And my gift to you is to finally get your link done!!

Happy Birthday! xx And good choice on the Ab Fab DVD's it's worth it!

Jacy said...

Patsy might be my favourite female television character in the history of the world. Good request for a present!

CarolinaDreamz said...

I love this blog post! I only wish to ever be so bold! You rock!! Thanks for stopping by.. ~Heidi

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .