"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mary, Mary, Stout and Hairy...

i'll never be "twink".
i'll never be a "
boi".
i'll never be "pretty".

nope, thanks to my Sicilian genes, there's no escaping it: i'm a Bear (or, more accurately, a Cub). ever since i came out (way back when), this was the sub-set of the Community that i was put into. not that i'm really complaining, mind you; it's just that there are certain stereotypes and stigmas attached to being a Cub.


most notably is the predilection for leather. now, don't get me wrong, i like a nice pair of Docs or a Keneth Cole belt as much as the next guy, but there's no way you'll ever see me in SM regalia. i'm more of a jeans and casual button down with a sporty sport coat kinda guy. i'm also really really not into pain. sure i wanna slap people now and again, but i don't wanna cum on their chests afterward. i also have a very low tolerance for experiencing pain. i cry from paper-cuts and stubbed toes. so...nope, not into leather.

however, because of the aforementioned Sicilian genes, i do fit into several of the other stereotypical Bear/Cub stereotypes. though admittedly losing weight at a nice weekly rate, i'm still "stocky". that's just how i am and will always be. also, i am shall we say, hirsute. family legend actually tells that when i was born i looked like a small monkey or werewolf pup. nothing much has changed since then. i started shaving in the 8th grade and had i not gone through an ill-fated love affair with Miss Clairol in college, would probably still have an incredibly thick head of hair atop my head. as for the rest of me, well let's just say i'll have a tryst with Nair for Men before i take my shirt off at the beach.

see the thing is, despite being pretty comfortable with my ursine status in the Community, there are still certain societal mores which i still maintain, and the public display of back hair is #1. i don't mind being chubby, i don't mind showing off my chest hair or nipple ring, but i'll be damned if i'm gonna show up at the beach or pool looking like i'm wearing a black lace shrug. i'm sure other people appreciate the effort, too.

i do, however like guys who are as furry as i am. maybe it's 'cause i feel less self conscious about my own cubiness around them, but i just find a guy with a hairy chest, arms, legs and even shoulders hot. while Chelsea boy muscle queens are undeniably beautiful, they're like taking a vacation at a Buckingham palace: yes it's all beautiful and obviously the Queen makes sure it's well maintained, but it's a bit surreal and stifling in it's opulence. i find that Bears are more like "regular guys"; even if they're a bit queeny, they're still normal. they have reasonable expectations, dress more comfortably and tend to be alot less obsessed with the whole "straight acting*" thing.

so, yeah, i'm a Cub and eventually i'm gonna stop going to Weight Watchers and by the time i hit 40 or so i'll be a Bear. again: not complaining. i'm pretty happy knowing that i've got another Bear waiting for me at home, who seems just as happy with me. Even though bears dont' mate for life, out in the wild, i know quite a few in captivity who have. gosh knows that there's no other bear in the world i'd rather share a den with.

*call me crazy, but in my opinion, as long as you suck dick or take it up the ass, you are not acting "straight".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh. I always tried to figure out what the differences between boi and twink were...so I guess I get it...

My boyfriend is trying to make me a cub by growing facial hair--which I have to admit--I like.

So, maybe I'm a newborn cub?

God gay is hard.

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .