"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

a Rose is a Rose is a Rose is a Rose

Well we can scratch off another thing off the Wedding list!
  • Celebrant
  • Hall
  • DJ
  • Photographer
  • Florist/Centerpieces
  • Limo
  • Tuxes
  • Favors
  • Honeymoon


This past weekend, upon John’s recommendation, Stephen and I found a florist: Evergreen, located minutes away from our house and owned by the sweetest gay guy. I know him from somewhere, but I’ll be damned if I can remember where (and no, I didn’t sleep with him).

He gave us a nice price for 2 bouquets (for our...groomsmaids?), 6 boutonnieres (2 for us, 2 for our dads and 2 for the groomsmen), 2 corsages (for our moms), 10 centerpieces and 2 “altarpieces”. At least I think it was a nice price. Honestly I’m not really sure how the whole flower game works. Of all the things that we have been looking at, we both agreed that the flowers were lowest on our list of priorities. Our motto is “keep it simple and color-coordinated”. My only real concern is over our boutonnieres; I want something different. Rob, the florist, had a book with a couple of interesting/creative/classy looking samples. Sadly, i can’t remember the name of any of the flowers. I do recall that the centerpieces will be mostly Stargazer Lilies Gerber Daisies and red spray roses, as will the ladies' bouquets.
Excited? Me too.

I’m just looking forward to cake shopping...and tux hunting...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love going to flower shops. I wish I got to do it more often. There is just a feeling of...fresh giving...I don't know. I love it.

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .