"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008: Making Me Long for the Peace and Tranquility of 2007

well it's the 2nd day of 2008 and so far i'm not impressed.

as it stands, i started back on Weight Watchers this morning (5 shot-venti-skim-caramel latte: 5 points). i'm definitely not stressing over it; i only want to lose 10 lbs. last year it only took me 3 weeks to lose 10 lbs. i know i can do it. nope not worth stressing over.

the fact that i'm not talking to anyone in my family, that's something to stress over. actually, to be more accurate, i'm not stressing. i'm upset and numb all at the same time, but i'm not feeling stressed over it.

stress is what i feel an hour before and several days after i spend more than 20 minutes with them. stress is what i felt yesterday at dinner, gathered around the table. stress is what i felt when i stormed out of the house, and drove home. stress is what i felt when my mom called an hour later to complain that stephen didn't say good night after he followed me out with my sweater/jacket.

4 comments:

CinJen said...

Damn. I feel your stress from just reading that post. :-(

Big hug! I hope the remaining 364 days of '08 bring you & your Boo peace and joy.

xo

Cin

ryan charisma said...

Weight Watchers - sigh
I can relate. I'll be counting my points VERY soon too.

As for the family issue? What's that all about?

Lady N'il said...

I love you. You are part of our extended family. And we are awesome.

Confessions.of.a.NYC.Lezie said...

ugh...family...

brush your shoulders off brother!

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .