"Do you hear that sound? That's your yarn...it's crying"~ Magenta Sequins

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Stick it In Yer Ear

i'm on a new quest: i want a new MP3 Player. dont' get me wrong, i love my "old" one (stephen bought it for me the Christmas i started back to work, 2 years ago). it's just a little bit bigger than i want, and quite a bit heavier than it should be. it's like having a small brick or really heavy audio-cassette case in my pocket.
my problem is that i really don't know anything about electronics (i'd buy what's pretty), so i need your help.
please help me find an mp3 player with the following specs...

  • less than 7oz
  • smaller than 4"x3"
  • plays WMA files
  • at least 20GB
  • at least 15 hours of play
  • ability to create playlists
  • looks cute
  • costs considerably less than a new car

i don't need to view video, pictures, or even have a full color screen. i just wanna listen to my music and keep my hand in my jacket pocket at the same time. is that too much to ask for?

6 comments:

DJ John Michael said...

Buy an 8-track player.

CawfeeGuy said...

"you are evil and must be destroyed"~ Shirley McClaine (Steel Magnolias)

Anonymous said...

My hubby is a geek (literally, it's in his title "Super Geek All-Star Senior Software Engineer"). So he did NOT want an iPod (yet he bought one for me and I am very happy with mine). This is what he got:

http://www.amazon.com/iAudio-GB-Multimedia-Player-Black/dp/B000BKPK90/sr=8-4/qid=1159470407/ref=pd_bbs_4/002-5442739-6152823?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

He's in love with it. Check it out and read the reviews. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, didn't show the whole link......

It's "iAudio X5 60 GB Multimedia Player Black" on Amazon.

CawfeeGuy said...

OMG K's back! i was JUST wondering where you'd gotten to; i haven't gotten a comment from you in AGES!

i checked out the IAudio and it's cute! it looks like EXACTLY what i want. my only fear is that the 3300 songs i have on my Creative Zen won't be able to be transfered to a new device.
**marge simpson**

Anonymous said...

I think the one I showed you is 60GB - my understanding is that's a massive amount so my guess would be that's it's not a problem?

Had a show upstate NY and then had a sick mother in town getting treatment, so life over took blog reading.

Get this - my husband was in some Staten Island Blogger thing when we lived there and he thinks he's read your blog....I ran upon you browsing and he realized that he knew your blog when I asked him for the MP3 info...isn't that funny?

K

Get Free Shots from Snap.com .